Sender:
From:
John Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 13:39:04 -0400
Hello everyone,
I don't know if anyone else has tried this but I've found a way to take
digital pics through my microscope.  I simply focus the optics on the
object, turn on my camera along with the LCD screen (turn off the flash),
line it up with one of the optics until the image is visible, hold the
camera steady, and take the picture.  This gives me an instant
photomicrograph.  Now those tiny shells are no longer safe from my camera!
My first pics are of an Umbraculum protoconch published in the September
Tidelines of the St. Petersburg Shell Club.

John Jacobs
Seffner, FL