Sender:
From:
"Martin E. Tremor, Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 18:59:35 EDT
   I am shocked that a Mr. Ed Paul would hold an auction of our dear friend
Len Hill's private collection at a time and place in direct competition with
the COA Convention.
   Len was a professional dealer of the highest integrity...and, I might add,
a strong supporter of the COA. I find it a disgrace to use Len's name and his
fine collection  to attract buyers away from the annual COA Convention's
auction and dealers bource. Lets face it...there is only so much money to be
spent. If  Mr. Paul gets the first slice, so to speak, there is very logically
going to be less money to be spent at the COA auction, our organizations main
fund raiser, or at the dealers bource which will affect our loyal, and I might
add, paying dealers.
   Mr. Paul has made the mistake of taking the opportunistic approach to cash
in on this convention for personal gain. Len Hill would never have approved.
   I am sure there will be some shells at that auction that I would love the
opportunity to bid on. HOWEVER, in the light of Mr. Paul's most inapropriate
selection of time and place, you can rest assured that I will not be anywhere
near that auction. I strongly urge all other collectors attending the COA
Convention to by-pass it as well.
   It is my sincere hope that Mr. Paul will realize the poor judgement that
was shown here and will change his auction to another time. I would certainly
support his auction and would indeed welcome the opportunity to to bid on
shells from Len's collection at another time and/or place.

Martin Tremor