Sender:
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:11:01 +0800
From:
Wolfgang Proestler <[log in to unmask]>
8bit
am 26.02.2003 1:26 Uhr schrieb lindawbush unter [log in to unmask]:

> Hi, Listers!
>
> I think I have an incorrect name on a Murex.  I have it as
> aculeatus (Lamarck, 1822).  I am seeing this shell on
> lists with the name nobilis (I'll have to check the author
> and date).  It is the familiar pink fronded Murex from the
> Philippines.  There was also a third name for this shell
> for a while, but I don't remember offhand what it was.
>
> Thanks,
> Linda
Hi Linda,
Chicoreus artemis Radwin & DÁttilio 1976 should be correctly named
Chicoreus aculeatus (Lamarck, 1822) - see Shells of the Philippines
Authors Springsteen correction.
Chicoreus saltatrix Kuroda, 1964 has the Synonym Chicoreus rossiteri
(Crosse, 1872).
Chicoreus nobilis Shikama, 1977 is the third valid species of this complex.
For the discussion of this complex see also "Shells of the Philippines" page
154.
Regards!
Wolfgang

believed to be clean.