Sender:
From:
Campani Enzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:59:52 +0100
The correct familia is indeed Petricoloidae, not Ungulinidae. You must not
think, however, that CLEMaM taxonomists went mad ; the problem is only of
the query system for the database. As a matter of fact try to ask for the
list of all families  and then click on Ungulinidae: you'll find only
Ungulina and Diplodonta, while if you click on Petricolidae you'll find
Mysia as well as Petricola, Lajonkairea etc
Regards
Enzo

At 09.47 27/02/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I was wondering if some out there could help me out
>with some taxonomic problems on European Bivalves. Ok,
>here goes :-).
>In what family should I place Mysia undata? In the
>literature I find it belonging to the Petricolidae
>family but going through online CLEMAN database, this
>species is placed in the Ungulinidae family!!! From
>what I have observed, members of the Ungulinidae
>family (e.g. Diplodonta rotundata) do not have a
>pallial sinus while in the Petricolidade family a deep
>pallial sinus is present; just like in Mysia undata!!!
>Would he happy to receive some feedback on this topic.
>Best regards to all,
>Carlos (South, Portugal)

>Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, more
>http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Enzo Campani
Co-ordinator of the
Gruppo Malacologico Livornese