Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 07:47:31 -0700
From:
Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
Back in the day, New Haven was the spot for oysters. But since I can
remember, they just start them in New Haven and move them somewhere
else to mature.

You always see oyster boats in New Haven Harbor. But you never see "New
Haven Oysters" on the menu. You wouldn't want to eat anything out of
New Haven Harbor ( Narragansett Bay makes me nervous too.) Though it's
moot for me as I have developed an iodine allergy in my old age.
(Dining in Japanese restaurants has taken on an air of Russian
Roulette) No oysters or crab anymore, alas. I have fond memories of
eating crispy delectable tiny soft-shelled crabs in a restaurant in
Arlington Virginia, as delicate as dragonfly wings... sigh...