Sender:
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 20:51:39 -0400
7bit
From:
Martin E. Tremor, Jr. wrote:

> Going to Key West next week. Can anyone suggest good shelling spots accessable
> by snorkeling from shore anywhere  along the Florida Keys?  I have a hand
> dredge for collecting smaller specimens...does anyone have a place to suggest
> to find Murex rubidus.
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer,
>
> Martin

Martin:  We've had real good luck at the good low tides (next week is
supposed to be great!) by just cruising around the island and looking
for the exposed places. Also you can head north on US 1 and watch for
exposed areas along the roads and by the bridges, don't forget to turn
some rocks.  Please leave the immature specimens especially tha coweries
are they seem to be getting rare for one reason or another, don't know
about the murexes but good luck and post a report upon your return.
Michael & Marcie Huggins, Bay Harbor Islands FL