Sender:
From:
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:35:00 -0600
I received the following and I am passing it on hoping someone on the list
has a good address for Peter Dance.  If so please respond directly to
Colleen.  Thanks,

Tom E.

Thomas,

I am hoping that you might be able to help me. I found your email address on
the Conchologist website as I was doing a “google” search on S. Peter Dance.
Trying to make a very long story short, I was wondering if you might suggest
an email or some way in which I could get in touch with him. A long time
ago, I was a 7 year old kid and seashell enthusiast, living in Nebraska. I
wrote him a fan letter, his Rare Shells book was my favorite. I ended up
being a pen pal with him for a number of years and then as life would have
it, I lost touch with him. I never studied Marine Biology, which had been my
childhood dream, rather going for an easy degree in business in Texas. My
life comes around full circle, and I am now working in environmental
education, studying nature and teaching it informally in Central Texas. We
have a wonderful cretaceous fossil bed on the ranch where I work, and they
are all seashells. I’m finding myself pulling out all my old seashell books,
and I have this strong desire to get back in touch with Mr. Dance, hoping
that he would remember the little kid from Nebraska who loved all his books.
I really haven’t found any way through Google in which I could get in touch
with him…being that you published one of his essays on your website I was
hoping that you might have a way to get in touch with him. And if for
privacy reasons you didn’t feel comfortable sending me his information, if
you could pass mine on to him. I would be terribly grateful.

So that is your odd question for the day. I thank you in advance for your
time, just in reading this email.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Colleen Lyons

Bamberger Ranch Preserve