Sender:
From:
Mary Seddon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:22:56 +0100
CITES appendix 2 species requires an export license from the country of origin and an import license to the country of destination.  In the UK (according to the government web-site) an import license for some species of appendix 2 can be obtained on entry by hobby collectors provided that a valid export license exists from the country of origin.

For all other species (not CITES listed, which is most species of Molluscs) you should check with your local customs, as the practice varies from country to country, and sometimes depends on your status (commercial dealer, hobby collector), and whether the species is alive or dead, whether the species is listed as a potential invasive species.

Best wishes

Mary

> ----------

Os nad atoch chi y cyfeiriwyd yr e-bost hwn, efallai y bydd
defnyddio'r wybodaeth hon yn anghyfreithlon, felly hysbyswch
y danfonydd, os gwelwch yn dda, a dileu'r neges hon ar
unwaith. Nid yw'r farn a fynegir yn yr e-bost hwn o anghenraid
yn farn Amgueddfeydd ac Orielau Cenedlaethol Cymru (AOCC)
ac nid yw AOCC yn derbyn atebolrwydd am unrhyw weithred
ar sail cynnwys y neges hon.
Os ydych yn amau fod y neges hon wedi cael ei rhyng-gipio
neu ei hadnewid, a fyddech cystal â hysbysu'r danfonydd.

If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, use of this
information may be unlawful, therefore please inform the
sender and delete the message immediately. The views
expressed in this e-mail are not necessarily those held by
the National Museums & Galleries of Wales (NMGW) and
NMGW does not accept liability for any action taken in
reliance on the contents of this message.
If you suspect that this message may have been intercepted
or amended, please notify the sender.