Sender:
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 22:22:22 -0500
7bit
From:
Steven & Wanda Coker <[log in to unmask]>
Art,

1. Sounds like an egg case from a Moon Snail (or Shark Eye). Polinices
duplicatus (Say, 1822)is the species in Texas.  They mix sand with a
secretion and form this ring around their bodies.  I don't know if the
ring is the actual egg case or if it is an aid in keeping the eggs under
control.  They are somewhat rubbery until they dry out.

2. The numbers are indeed an indication of the contents of the tanker.
The magic decoder ring is probably available from the Department of
Transportation.

Steven