Sender:
From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:02:53 +1200
I bid on a 5.0Mp Nikon Coolpix 5700 on eBay. I received two messages
ostensibly from eBay members (see footers) and can't but help be
suspicious that I would send my money and receive nothing back.

I will get back to the two and see just what they're offering and how
they want payment etc.

The bit I wonder about the first message is this:

        version=2.55

Does the FORGED bit above mean that the sender's address has been
altered of faked? This is a private response to an eBay bid, offering
me the same item cheaper; it was sent by an eBay member via eBay's
e-mail forwarding system. I suspect that the fellow is out to scam me.

I even wondered if both messages are from the same person. ASAP is
not an acronym I'd use every day...

It would be a nice camera for taking images of shells and VW vans...

1