Sender:
From:
Phil Liff-Grieff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 10:28:08 -0700
Dear conch-L'ers,

I am writing an article for our shell club's bulletin
on micro marine shell collecting.  As I am a relative
newcomer to this particular aspect of shell
collecting, I thought it could be interesting to hear
from all of you who have developed your own special
techniques.  (Any of your suggestions used in this
article will, of course, be appropriately attributed).

So, my questions are:

1)  What are your prefered types of localities for
finding micro shells?

2) What is the strangest place you have found micros?

3) What special tools do you use? (and, of course, how
do you use them)?

4) Where can one find the most productive grunge; what
kinds of situations result in a good concentration of
micro mollusks?

5) How do you store and display your shells?

I welcome learning from the list's experts and passing
this information on to others.

Thanks in advance,

Phil Liff-Grieff

=====