Sender:
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 09:59:14 -0500
7bit
From:
makuabob <[log in to unmask]>
Andy,

I don't really need any more shells right now but I could could use
them (if sent freight pre-paid, of course) as I've used my own
in this area. I have, on occasion, given presentations to grade
school groups about shells, collecting, SCUBA diving, etc. and
handed out shells for the kids to keep as momentos of the talk.
Hopefully those little pieces of the tropical Pacific (no helmet
shells or Triton's trumpets to spare these days) will light a
yearning in some growing spirits and send them out to find their
own shells. There is Hope.

It is good to bring up Pandora's Box and we, of course, must keep it
opened. Remember, too, her brother-in-law's predicament, because
there are plenty in the shelling community who share his fate, in
their own way. Each time they feel that they've done something to
better shelling education, the 'eagle' of anguish-over-whether-more-
could-be-done stoops upon them anew.

As they said in the '60s, "Keep on Truckin'!"

Aloha,

Bob Dayle (a.k.a. makuabob)