Sender:
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 08:24:10 -0500
8bit
From:
Andy Rindsberg <[log in to unmask]>
Steven Coker wrote,
"Thanks to all who identified my friend's mother's mystery shell as an
Indo-Pacific Trochid.  How it got to northern Arkansas will have to remain a
mystery.  I suspect since it wasn't the prettiest shell in the shell pack
from the Philippines someone must have thrown it away some years back."

So, people have not only transported bacteria and weeds and insect pests to
other parts of the world, but are gradually smearing even the record of dead
shells. If this trend continues, everything will be everywhere within a few
thousand years. Everything that is not extinct, that is.

Andrew K. Rindsberg
Geological Survey of Alabama