Sender:
From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 15:11:03 +1300
>Okay-
>
>Before you say, not another i.d. question without an
>image, this one I do have a very decent image, as this is
>a miniature bivalve and it is quite flat!
>
>This I have never seen before; it emerged when we were
>sifting through Sanibel drift.  It is like a small
>triangular, wing-shaped shell, except that it looks as if
>something has taken a bite out of the anterior(?) end.  I
>am not even sure this is a mollusc.
>
>If you will e-mail me, I will send you the images of both
>the exterior and the interior.  A weird shell - I did a
>fly-by of American Seashells, and if it is in there, I
>missed it.

Possibly a lepadomorph (gooseneck) barnacle scutum?... I have a huge
heavily radially-ribbed Eocene one which had me for several years
scratching my head as to what bivalve it could be. A few weeks ago I
dragged it out again and decided that it is a scutum...

Please send me the imege.

>funny, I keep spending that money on more shells...).

You too?
--
Andrew Grebneff
Dunedin, New Zealand