Sender:
From:
David Costa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 19:02:12 -0500
Hello Conch-lers,

Hope you are doing GEM!

I have been enjoying my days in the list, and found myself making an
extensive use of the archived information - it is worth gold, and you are
really building something unique here, Thank you!

My shell world is going great, and I have been sleeping over some ideas,
that might end up the wrong way...

After developing my aquarium experience with fresh water discus fish, and
getting most of them killed because of the miriade of problems that tends
to kill them, I am looking forward to marine water, coral reefs and
eventually live Cypraeidae.

My goal would be to have the necessary tanks to cover the different world-
wide marine provinces, and to sucessfully keep and study the habits and
needs of the creatures. I have plenty ideas about laboratory work that
could help solve a number of conchological mysteries, and to record the
unknown behaviour of the animals.

Of course, I am feeling very lucky for the up comming decade, but I would
need a little bit of your luck, in order to obtain the specimens. If anyone
feels there is a possibility of collecting and exporting live cowries (they
could eventually survive a mail trip, if a couple of measures are taken) I
would be really pleased to exchange them for the specimen shells offered at
my web site. Please contact me for more details.

www.geocities.com/shellvitae

All the best,
David