Sender:
From:
Richard J Rego <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 00:42:05 -0500
Emilio,

        Im glad you understand it.  In regards to being humane, one New
England state requests that anyone who finds a Japanese Shore Crab must
either "smash it with a rock" or "cast it on the upper beach to die",
this is what is stated on state-distributed posters (hardly humane!).
See...Japanese Shore Crabs aren't cute and fuzzy.  No one bothers
protesting that.  Emilio stated about rats, we kill them without remorse,
BUT mention the controlled killing of squirrels and everyone is up in
arms.  All a squirrel is is a rat with a fuzzy tail!

        I'm done with this topic, e-mail me privately.....back to shells!

Rick.