Sender:
From:
Brian McElaney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 1998 20:06:41 -0500
At 04:32 PM 6/28/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone know a source for nice cabinets to store and display shells.
>My collection is more aesthetic than scientific and I want to show off the
>nice ones and store the others in an organized fashion.  I bought a cabinet
>in Sanibel about 15 years ago, but filled it up quickly.  The new ones like
>it are not of the same quality.  I am being overrun!!!  Help!!!

I'll also vouch for the map drawers from Yield House. I purchased the kit
for twelve drawers and put them together and finished them myself. It came
out quite nice even though I had never finished furniture before. The
drawers won't hold some larger specimens. I also purchased and finished a
glass-topped coffee table with three drawers from a local shop which
specializes in unfinished furniture. Items in the top drawer are prominently
displayed while a large number of species can be stored in the remaining two
drawers. I have seen similar coffee tables (for a considerably higher price)
in a number of catalogs.