Sender:
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 02:12:06 -0300
8bit
From:
Dear Kay & Andrew,

You can get into trouble if cought with live speciens, but i
gess you will have no trouble with shells (if not too many of
them). Usually the police dont care too much about invertebrates
(despite spiders and butterflyes).
Just be carefull not to collect material on any reserves, that
may lead you into trouble.

As far as i know, there are no new restrictions to americans,
although two or three americans where arrested because they have
given our federal policeman "the finger"... you know. But
registration of tourist are very quickly now and you´ll have no
trouble.
I suggest you to go to Florianopolis or Bombinhas (Santa
Catarina State, south Brazil, many good stuff there and a good
bunch of Adelomelon - mostly A. beckii and A. brasiliana) If you
are lucky you can even get a Odontocymbiola simulatrix for a
fair price...
If you come to Porto Alegre, please contact. I´ll be glad to
show you the town.
And of course, if you are planning to come between febuary 20th
and 28th, you can enjoy our carnival (book your hotel frist).

Fabio Wiggers

 --- Kay & Andrew <[log in to unmask]> escreveu: > Dear All:

> We are planning a trip to Brazil sometime this year,
> specifically to Rio
> and possibly to Sao Paulo (and/or another local if the
> shelling is good
> there) . Can anyone give us some tips on good collecting
> locations for
> marine or terrestrial shelling around these cities? Are there
> any
> restrictions on collecting molluscs in Brazil? Are there any
> new travel
> restrictions on U.S. citizens in answer to the recent and
> ridiculous
> registration of Brazilian citizens entering the U.S.?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>                               Andrew.

Yahoo! GeoCities: 15MB de espaço grátis para criar seu web site!
http://br.geocities.yahoo.com/