Sender:
From:
John Wolff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 17:51:48 -0500
It looks like lienardi according to "Olividae, Fibel der Schalen" by G.
Sterba, 2003.
That book has superb illustrations, but is in German (and has a difficult
index with species listed by genus, in this case Eburna)
lienardi is more squat, has a white aperture (vs. yellow to orange) and
there are differences in max height, columellar callus, and (usually)
location of the ancillid groove

  At 03:35 PM 2/9/2004, you wrote:
>Hi, CONCH-Lers!
>
>Will somebody please look at ebay item #2224242075 and tell me if it is
>indeed lienardi.  I've been trying to identify two that I have in
>hand.  One I have is roughly the same size as the one on ebay, is pretty
>heavy for its size, etc.  The only difference seems to be that the spire
>is a bit higher in proportion - this might make it glabrata.
>
>I guess I might have to bring all three that I have to COA and get someone
>to give me the correct i.d.  Some one of these days I'm going to have to
>get a better scanner or a digital camera.
>
>Thanks,
>Linda

John Wolff
Lancaster, PA