Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:39:36 -0800
From:
Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
< At the hospital where I work, the WASPy executive director came into a
meeting with professional employees about, slammed her keys down on the
table, and invited people to quit if they didn't like the downsizing
situation and her management of it. This is supposedly a mental health
facility, where employees practice good communication skills. >

Yipes! An oxymoronic moment if ever there was one.

I had a friend who worked at a big university's museum. He didn't have
horror stories about the administration. (He did have a few good tales
about the groups of kids from fundamentalist sects who were brought in
on field trips so they could see all the "fake" fossils and hear about
this silly hoax evolution. Whew!) But he did tell me that the
administrators at this particular museum felt their purpose was to
house collections for the academics, not to educate the public, the
great unwashed. Like me, I guess...

So if you haven't the grades or the tuition or a dad to get you in as a
legacy, oh well. Personally, I see it as a class thing.

And as a member of the bohemian riff-raff, I am very grateful to the
shell clubs and to Conch-L.