Sender:
From:
Clair Beckmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 02:44:05 +0000
Greetings Conch-lers,
My husband and I are just back from a quick trip to Margarita Island and HUGE HUGE thanks to many. First, to Phil Fallon for his artilce in American Conchologist and to E. Shary Almansi for the Of Sea and Shore article, to the special Conch-L folks who responded to my request .. Jim Brunner and Karen Crouch among others....We would have found very little without you.
I am pleased to report that with the specific and clear instructions we found a ton of shells and if you have a sense of adventure, speak some spanish and have all this helpful material it is possible to go  to Margarita on your own....Of course this is not exactly 'sporting' shelling and it is not as much fun as a Cordy trip, but you do get a ton of dead but gorgeous shells.
I also would like to encourage those who are contributing their trip logs and photos to these great publications....for working folk like us who have limited time and means it helps us to have vicarious thrills and also to plan trips ourselves based on great information...keep up the good work.
Also, as a listener and not a talker on this site, thanks to all for osme lively dialogue...
If anyone wants Margarita, Sanibel, or Fiji info, I am happy to help!
Clair Beckmann