Sender:
From:
Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 20:49:48 EDT
I don't know how many of our list contributors are Floridians, but I feared
the fires were the reason for the slowdown in messages. It looks like the
northeast coast of Florida is going to burn to the shoreline, leaving nothing
behind but coquina chowder.

I just drove through that part of the country on my extended roadtrip this
spring. So many of the places I fell in love with are burning or threatened by
fire. I met so many nice people on my trip. I can't help but wonder if any
have lost their homes. I'm not in the habit of praying, but sometimes you have
to make an exception. Wish I could send them some of our Connecticut rain.