Sender:
From:
Geoff Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 21:56:18 +1100
Andrew,
I have also seen B similaris in Vanuatu New Caledonia, PNG, and Kandavu,
Fiji.
Along the south coast of Viti LEvu a few years ago if you can find a patch
of forest that is relatively undisturbed there are still the large "Nanina
pfeifferi" (unsure of exact name) plus a few Helicinids and Diplommatinids
and ?Truncatella sp as well as those you mentioned. Alas no Placostylus
anymore.
I do not think the main Fiji islands were ever particularly diverse in there
snail fauna.
Geoff

>From: Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Asian tramp snail invade Sydney
>Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 10:35:32 +1300

E-mail just got a whole lot better. New ninemsn Premium. Click here