Sender:
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:35:20 +0200
The mystery shell from the Niah Cave and aquatic biotopes in Sarawak is a
species of Paludomus (Fam. Pleuroceridae, suffamily Paludominae). Several
species have been recorded from Borneo in general and Sarawak in particular:
luteus H. Adams, 1874 (=moreleti Issel, 1874), isseli Brot (=crassus Issel,
1874 not von dem Busch); persolida Issel, 1874 (=borneensis Nevill, 1884)
and others.
Unfortunately I do not have the description available in Israel.
However, I adivice Mark Stephens to visit the British Museum, without doubt
they have enough material from Sarawak in order to compare the problematic
snail.
Best regards,
Henk K. Mienis