Sender:
From:
Jim Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2004 18:15:44 -0400
>My heart goes out to the people of Florida. I am sure that they think that
>90 percent of the work is done by 10 percent of the civil servants. However,
>I would be amazed to hear this said by anyone who actually works in the
>Florida state government.

Hi Andy,

My wife works for the state, and I am fairly certain that she would be happy
to give you first-hand information regarding the inner workings of our
government if asked (though she must remain anonymous or risk immediate
termination). From your remarks, it seems you have had your own share of
iniquities.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every state employee
who goes above and beyond to get the job done. Hat's off to you, Andy, and
those who share your passion and determination. Here in Florida, many state
employees actually qualify for food stamps, which is embarrassing.

My apologies in advance to anyone who feels my response is out of place, since
it is not shell related. So: Word is that 2004 will be a great year
for Bay Scallops.
Please note that populations in the panhandle are no longer
Argopecten irradians
concentricus, but now recognized as A. irradians taylorae!

Best regards,
Jim