Sender:
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2004 08:18:49 -0400
Ah, Kay;-
   Yes indeed. Just delete. Lets see: I got two such messages Sunday, one Saturday, about four the previous five days. All they want is your bank account number so they can transfer "Millions in". Actually the number allows them to transfer money OUT.
   The messages come from (presumably) all over Africa, some from Indonesia, and I even got one from Britain. They are pure fraud. They probably get many to bite (or byte). Eventually, someone with some influence (relatives) will get stung, and the appropriate government agency will track a few down.
   Just consider it, for now, the added tax for the luxury of having a computer.
    Art

> From: Kay Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: 2004/05/24 Mon AM 06:06:52 EDT
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Misappropriation of my screen name
>
> Like some other members on the List, my screen name is being used to entice
> people to invest in an "easy money" scam by someone in Africa.  Is it possible
> that Conch-L itself has been used?
>
> Kay Peterson

PLEASE NOTE: My new, long-term, and correct email address is: [log in to unmask] Please update your records!