Sender:
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 10:09:21 -0300
8bit
From:
I use spyboot search & destroy and i´m not having problems with
it. But leave Microsoft spywares (ie Midia Player, etc) out.
With a medium knowledge of whow computer works you may have a
good result.

Fabio Wiggers.

 --- ross mayhew <[log in to unmask]> escreveu: > The
litany of technical advice below, such as "try to redirect
> spyware
> sendings to the 127.0.0.1 port", is all well and good, but to
> my mind
> the best defence against being taken advantage of is to a)
> yes, get
> yourself a good virus and spyware program (having a Mac i know
> little
> about this, but i am assured there ARE in fact some very
> effective
> "killer aps" around, that are easy to install and do their job
> quietly
> and well), b) NEVER open an attachment unless you are
> reasonably sure it
> is safe to do so: the many "active script" varieties of
> attachment such
> as .exe, are best left alone all the time, unless you have
> specifically
> requested them from a source you trust, and c) simply use a
> bit of
> common sense: delete everything that is clearly spam (defined
> as
> unsolicited email sent with commercial, criminal or
> ideological intent -
> jokes and stories from friends may be annoying occasionally,
> but they
> don't qualify as "spam"!), and with anything you might
> accidententally
> or deliberately read (and some of the spammers are getting
> REALLY clever
> these daze!!), just remember: if it sounds too good to be
> true, 99.9% of
> the time, it is (ie, it isn't true!), and use whatever common
> sense you
> can muster.  I'm **not** saying that making "destructive raids
> inside
> your registry entries" is paranoid and excessive - just that
> most of the
> time such extreme measures are not really necessary, provided
> one just
> applies what common sense may be available to them.
>
> From the wet, wild wilderness of New Scotland,
> Ross Mayhew.
>
> Olivier Caro wrote:
>
> Try to never suscribe to a Y**** related forum or list, avoid
> F*** things,
> be careful with e-commerce web-hosters etc etc etc
> Change your email adresses, modify your settings, use one or
> more
> spyblockers, hide yourself behind a firewall, load and run a
> registry
> cleaner, consult Pest Patrol website, make destructive raids
> inside your
> registry entries, do not accept active scripting, be careful
> with ActiveX
> components, try to obtain a generic antiviral program, build
> your own zip
> sniffer in C, avoid Arca etc. words in your search engines, or
> change to a
> MAC, or Linux, and read, read, read everything about
> hijacking, adwares,
> worms, HKEY folders etc. etc. etc. Then, try to find a little
> [...]

Participe da pesquisa global sobre o Yahoo! Mail:
http://br.surveys.yahoo.com/global_mail_survey_br