Sender:
From:
Lindsey Groves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 12:17:51 -0700
Art and others:

        The Red Abalone (Haliotis rufescens) is raised commercially in Chile (see
Forcelli, D.O. 2000. Moluscos Magallanicos: Guia de Moluscos de Patagonia y
sur de Chile, p. 45).

Aloha,

Lindsey

At 01:32 PM 6/4/04 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear all;-
>   What we need is a good discussion of something. A prize will be offered
for the best suggestion: the closely guarded recipe for Flying Pig Stew.
>   Here, in the midwest, we have Cicadas. Billions of them. People are
even eating them---dipped in chocolate or guacamole. They are known,
familiarly, as the 17 year locusts. When the temperature reaches 70%, they
begin singing. It is loud enough to deaden the ringing in my ears.
>    OK, a shell inquiry: a friend brought me a Haliotis from Chile. It is
58mm. Beautiful. But I can't find any note of Abs from that coast of South
America.
>    And, oh yes, my Cincinnati REDS are in first place. ---at least for now.
>     Art
>

>PLEASE NOTE: My new, long-term, and correct email address is:
[log in to unmask] Please update your records!

>[log in to unmask] - a forum for informal discussions on molluscs
>To leave this list, click on the following web link:
>http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=conch-l&A=1
>Type your email address and name in the appropriate box and
>click leave the list.

Lindsey T. Groves
Collection Manager, Malacology Section
900 Exposition Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90007
(213) 763-3376 (voice)
(213) 746-2999 (Fax)
[log in to unmask]  http://www.nhm.org/research/malacology/lgroves/index.htm