Sender:
From:
Olivier Caro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:53:58 +0200
Hmmm !
I was working on an apologia or something approaching.
Of course, nobody must expect that Helmut will be corrected. One accepts him
"as is".
Any other person who would have been banished, I'd not take his fate with
such interest but it seems to me that this soul may now suffer from
loneliness, more than ever.

Regarding the shells, does this man fill the requirements to discuss on this
List ?
Is there a field in which Helmut would be a valuable element, of essential
help ?
Harder:  Are you ready to accept an exemption from your Listiquette ? Why ?

Now, most of you thought and surely still think that Helmut is not and
cannot become a normal fellow-member.
I won't seek to contradict you, 'cause I can't ( don't know exactly why he
has been excluded) but... imagine that you're Helmut, imagine that you've
always been Mr H.

On the assumption that the List would invite him again, arises the
difficulty in the manner of doing it :
rejected by those you admired, excluded from a group to which you dreamed to
belong, wouldn't you reject the compassion of those who banished you ?
Would he be quite happy with a proposal oozing of finer feelings ? "Why?
because I've been cut down?"

Any comments against this proposal will be welcome, on-list or off-list, I
dunno.

Olivier Caro