Sender:
From:
Jim Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 22:10:57 -0400
Greetings all from rainy (finally!) Tallahassee!

Wow, I never expected such a strong response to my plans for a
Bahamas shelling/underwater DVD. I am thrilled that so many of you
think it's a great idea (of course, I'd buy one myself!). Right now
things are crazy as we had a major flood in our house. No, not from
the three hurricanes that pounded us, but rather an exploding hot
water heater. Because of all the thousands of hurricane claims here
in Florida, getting our house put back into some semblance of order
is taking a long time, and naturally, I have a "day job" to deal with
(goan). But after I finish the photos for Karen VanderVen's wonderful
article on her visit to Cat Island (for the next issue of American
Conchologist), I will jump on the DVD! BTW, I use the same software
for building my DVDs now that were used by Hollywood on blockbusters
like "Cold Mountain."

This will be the last "public" posting of information. Please contact
me directly for additional information and updates. If there is
enough interest, I will donate ten copies to COA for the next
Convention to be given away as door prizes, and I'd also like to
donate 10% of the profits to COA to help with publishing costs for
American Conchologist and other operational expenses.

If you've never seen gorgeous, live Cassis tuberosa, a few giant
Turbinella angulata, plus underwater encounters with a giant eagle
ray and even experiencing what it's like to swim with the biggest
fish in the ocean, the whale shark, you'll be knocked out by the
video. You might also find the footage of the amazing crystal blue
Bahamian waters quite peaceful. I'll also include my two "up close
and personal" encounters with a seven-foot, 650 pound Goliath Grouper
named "Boomer," plus a slide show of some of my very best digital
stills of the incredible finds I've made on trips to Eleuthera and
Abaco!

Best regards,
Jim
(850) 877-9438