Sender:
From:
Leslie Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 03:02:28 GMT
Comments:
Hello Joyce & Avril
There is a very good book on apple snails.

Dr. Gloria Perera &  Jerry G. Walls     1996
Apple Snails in the Aquarium -
Ampullariids: Their Identification, Care and Breeding
121 all-color pages (26 x 17.5 cm)
TFH # TS-260            List:  $19.95 (1 lb 5.8 oz / .620 kg)
ISBN  0-7938-2085-5     UPC  018214120858

Unfortuatly after careful review, it contains no information on diseases.

Best Regards,
Leslie

HARF-IMCS Natural History Books
10440 Valley Forge Drive #2
Houston, TX  77042-1918 USA

Leslie Allen Crnkovic, Proprietor
Purveyor of Natural History Books
Specializing in Malacology, Conchology & Marine Sciences
New & Used: Buy - Sell - Trade,  Write for a free list.
ABE ID: 3026354   www.abebooks.com

Hello Conchlers,
I have had a lady come to me with a mystery illness in a friends apple
snails.  The two snails troubled with the illness have died and now Joyce is
trying to find out what this malady might be just in case her pet snails ever
develop the same problem.

I have set up a mystery page for Joyce at:
http://www.manandmollusc.net/Mystery_shell_pages/joyce-mystery.html  You can
email Joyce in person at:  [log in to unmask] or if you answer the list, I
will forward all responses on to her.

Thank you again for any help that you might be able to give in this mystery.
 All the very best and I hope everyone has a great weekend,
Avril Bourquin
PO Box 366
Invermere, BC
Canada, V0A 1K0