Sender:
From:
Jim Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:04:16 -0500
Greetings to all from very, very cold Tallahassee, where it is
expected to be in the low 20s by Wednesday -- I hate cold weather . .
.

Okay, I know that using Conch-L to sell something is kind of a no-no,
but once again, the company I work for is upgrading their digital
camera. So they are selling the 5.2 megapixel Minolta Dimage 7 they
are currently using for cheap. They have the boxes, manuals and
software plus a Minolta flash, and two auxiliary lenses all in near
mint condition. 5.2 megapixels is plenty of resolution for prints up
to 8 x 10 and even 11 x 14 looks pretty good.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I will pass along the
particulars and can provide samples of the camera's photos, which are
excellent.

To keep it shell-related, has anyone else noticed that dogs LOVE
operculums?? My "kids" always sneak in when I am cleaning shells and
will run off with an operculum or two in a heartbeat if I'm not
watching. They love 'em, and want more. My sister-in-law was rinsing
out a huge Charonia variegata a few weeks back, and removed the
cotton with the 'perc attached. Before she knew it, her Labrador had
made the steal and ran off crunching the big perc. And today my
youngest (we think she's a collie or border collie and is just 4
months old), discovered the thrill of operculum munching. I was
applying some glycerin to the perc from a seven-inch specimen and had
set it on the table to dry. I honestly didn't know that Emma could
reach that high, but she made the grab and I had to groan as she
merrily consumed the perc. And as most of you know, Triton 'percs are
not easy to come by. There are always lots of Tritons on eBay, but
you never see them with the percs. You can bet I will move things
even higher out of Emma's reach (she's a good girl otherwise).

Best regards and for heaven's sake, stay warm!
Jim