Sender:
From:
Leslie Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 01:34:14 GMT
All of the previous versions have been compiled and published by Don Pisor and
Kim Hutsell.  Kim has been doing most of the compiling for the next version.
The new version was supposed to be available at 2003 COA convention in
Tacoma... but alas is still not ready.  I have not discussed a release date
with Don Pisor since last Janaury.

It's actual title is:
Hutsell & Pisor's Registry of World Record Size Shells
and is published by their company "Snails Pace Productions"

I had not heard that Klaus Groh (ConchBooks, Hackenheim, Germany) is publishing
the next version, so I can not confirm this details... but he runs an excellent
publishing company that will be able to distribute it well.

Years ago I recall a conversations that Pisor originally tried to acquire the
rights to the previous "World Size Records" publication after is ceased.  He
was not able to so he and Kim built their list from scratch.  A most laborious
work, that I will be looking forward to seeing the next version of.

Many of you may remember that publication...
Robert J. L. Wagner and R. Tucker Abbott had a "World Size Records" publication
as Section [80-001] of their "Standard Catalog of Shells 3rd Ed" (SCS).

It had 4 releases & it’s various revisions are Dated:
· 1978 September - Supplement 1
· 1982 October - Revision 1
· 1985 January - Supplement 3 (content actually dated Feb 1985)
· 1990 September - Supplement 4 (content actually dated 04/27/90)

The 1985 & 1990 versions were 3-hole-punched paper-back publications, rather
than issued loose-leaf.

Full Bib +:
Robert J. L. Wagner and R. Tucker Abbott - 1978-1990:
Wagner & Abbott's Standard Catalog of Shells, 3rd Edition with Supplements, (An
Enlarged Edition of a Standard Work Compiled by World-Wide Experts in
Conchology).  American Malacologist Publishers / American Malacologist Inc.,
Greenville, DE, / Melbourne, FL;  700 + pp., February 1978 (dated: 1977 on
binder, Jan 1978 on some content). ISBN: 0-915826-03-8; 3rd Ed w/ Binder,
Supplements 1-4. Loose-Leaf binder, Quarto. (1st Ed 1964, 2nd Ed 1967 - D. Van
Nostrand Co., Inc.)

Best Regards,
Leslie

HARF-IMCS Natural History Books