Sender:
From:
DAVID LUM <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 06:03:10 +0000
Hi, Vicky,

     I travel internationally quite a bit on business, and I've never had a
problem with sharp implements, such as knives, in my checked luggage, even
after 9/11.  I've found that there's generally more concern with electronic
equipment, like laptops and battery chargers, than with simple metal objects
in checked bags.

Aloha,
Dave Lum

&gt;From: Andrew Grebneff &lt;[log in to unmask]&gt;
&gt;Reply-To: Conchologists List &lt;[log in to unmask]&gt;
&gt;To: [log in to unmask]
&gt;Subject: Re: airplanes and cleaning tools
&gt;Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 18:41:30 +1300
&gt;
&gt;&gt;Hi All,
&gt;&gt;A question for recent travelers: has anyone had any  problems with
&gt;&gt;airport security concerning dive knives and dental picks/shell
&gt;&gt;cleaning
&gt;&gt;tools in checked luggage?  Thanks for any advice you can give.
&gt;&gt;Vicky Wall
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;----------------------------------------------------------------------
&gt;&gt;[log in to unmask] - a forum for informal discussions on
&gt;&gt;molluscs
&gt;&gt;To leave this list, click on the following web link:
&gt;&gt;http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=conch-l&amp;A=1
&gt;&gt;Type your email address and name in the appropriate box and
&gt;&gt;click leave the list.
&gt;&gt;----------------------------------------------------------------------
&gt;
&gt;Yes... I tried to take an Estwing geohammer in my handluggage (so I
&gt;wouldn't have &quot;weight&quot; problems in my checked luggage) . They
were
&gt;alarmed and took it off me... had hassles getting it back once the
&gt;plane arrived in Fiji, but I DID retrieve it.
&gt;
&gt;Oh... that was well before 11/9.
&gt;--
&gt;Andrew Grebneff
&gt;Dunedin
&gt;New Zealand
&gt;Fossil preparator
&gt;&lt;[log in to unmask]&gt;
&gt;Seashell, Macintosh, VW/Toyota van nut
&gt;
&gt;[log in to unmask] - a forum for informal discussions on
&gt;molluscs
&gt;To leave this list, click on the following web link:
&gt;http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=conch-l&amp;A=1
&gt;Type your email address and name in the appropriate box and
&gt;click leave the list.