Sender:
From:
Charles L Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:28:46 -0800
In the original email message "handedness" is related to temperature, not
genetics.  The Kucera and Kennett paper divides Neoglobroquadrina
pachyderma into six species, four of which have been described in recent
years (one new in the paper cited).  So the "handedness" reflects different
species, not different forms of the same species.

Best,

Chuck

Charles L Powell, II
Western Earth Surface Processes Team, MS 975
U. S. Geological Survey
345 Middlefield Rd.
Menlo Park, CA  94025
(650) 329-4985

                      "Monfils, Paul"
                      <PMonfils@LIFESPA        To:       [log in to unmask]
                      N.ORG>                   cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: Foram "handedness" was Re: fake shells... the Cebu Shell Dakt
                      Conchologists             ari strikes!
                      List
                      <CONCH-L@LISTSERV
                      .UGA.EDU>

                      01/06/05 11:19 AM
                      Please respond to
                      Conchologists
                      List

Not sure what you mean by "completely genetic".  What cause other than
genetic would "handedness" be due to?

Paul M.

Biochronology