Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 08:48:38 -0500
From:
"Harry G. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
8bit
Sender:
Thanks Lubos,

That species is new to my list. Shortly after your posting, Jozef Grego
just reported finding this species at the ruins of Sásov Castle.

Harry

At 07:44 PM 2/26/2005, you wrote:
>Dear friend(s),
>I´ve a dextral Clausilia dubia dubia from CZ.
>Lubosh
>www.kolouch.com
>

>>Dear Listers. I come to you with hat in hand.  I am a very poor
>>clausiliologist, and I
>>need some beefing up of my nomenclature.  I have picked some names of
>>landsnails belonging to the family Clausiliidae from the older literature
>>(little interest in authors and dates; very little generic splitting) in
>>my
>>quest from understanding of how snail coiling direction relates to
>>phylogeny, zoogeography, and evolution in this group.  There are three
>>groups of species listed in alphabetical order (by specific epithet)
>>below.
>>
>>Clausiliid species, all apparently from west of the Caucasus, known as
>>abnormally dextral:
>>Clausilia almissana Küster
>>C. bidens Draparnaud
>>C. bidentata Ström
>>Balea biplicata (Montagu)
>>Albinaria cretensis (Rossmässler, 1836)
>>C. duboisi Charpentier
>>C. laminata Montagu
>>C. macarana Ziegler
>>C. nigricans Pulteney
>>Balea perversa (Linnaeus)
>>C. plicata Draparnaud
>>C. plicatula Draparnaud
>>Clausilia pumila
>>C. rugosa Draparnaud (= C. perversa Müller non Linnaeus)
>>C. stentzi Rossmässler
>>Vestia turgida
>>
>>These clausiliid taxa are known to be normally dextral:
>>Clausilia antilopina
>>Alopia bielzii (Parreys)
>>Alopia bielzii tenuis (E. A. Bielz, 1861)
>>C. colbeauiana Parreys
>>Sericata dextrorsa (O. Boettger, 1877)
>>Temesa (Neniatracta) dextroversa (Pilsbry, 1949)
>>C. lischkeana Parreys
>>C. livida Menke
>>C. madenensis Fuss
>>C. meschendorferi Bielz
>>Alopia nefasa M. Kimakowicz, 1894
>>C. purpurascens
>>C.semprinii
>>C. sykesi
>>C. trachelostropha
>>Albinaria voithi (Rossmässler)
>>
>>These clausiliids are reported as occurring in both the sinistral and
>>dextral condition frequently (amphidromine):
>>Alopia fussiana
>>A. straminicollis
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Harry

Harry G. Lee
Suite 500
1801 Barrs St.
Jacksonville, FL 32204
USA
Voice: 904-384-6419
Fax: 904-388-6750
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page at:
www.jaxshells.org