Sender:
From:
Alex Sassi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 22:40:47 -0500
I have a beached cowrie in similar condition that I found among some rocks
on Stella Maris beach near Salvador in the state of Bahia, Brasil.  When I
found it, I was a bit puzzled, because the shape looked like C. moneta more
than C. spurca acicularis to me; however, that it was C. moneta seemed
improbable, so I just figured it was a species or form I didn't know
about.  Then I thought about it some more and figured that probably someone
had lost it at the beach from jewelry or other personal use. But who knows,
maybe it was ballast long ago? Interesting to think about.
Alex