Sender:
From:
Timothy Blackwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:04:55 -0800
Hello everyone,

     I'm seeking help from Strombidae taxonomists with respect to authors of the following genera:

          1. Aliger
          2. Dolomena
          3. Doxander
          4. Lobatus

I've read in Abbott's monograph on the genus Strombus in the Indo-Pacific that Dolomena and
Doxander are attributed to Iredale, 1931.  However, I've recently been told that these names are
incorrect in that they are nomen nuda (sp?) under Iredale.  Is this true?  If so, what genera
names should be used in place of Dolomena and Doxander?  As for Aliger and Lobatus, I can't seem
to find the authors or dates anywhere.  Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance and I'll look forward to hearing from you soon.  Bye for now. :)

Sincerely,
Tim

Timothy J. Blackwood
E-mail: [log in to unmask]