Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:27:48 +1000
8bit
From:
Bob Abela <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Tim,

I find myself always referring to the OBIS Indo-Pacific Molluscan Database
to help on these matters. May be of help, particularly with a few of the
cited references.

for Strombus (Dolomena) Iredale, 1931 visit
http://data.acnatsci.org/obis/search.php/7967.

for Strombus (Doxander) Iredale, 1931 visit
http://data.acnatsci.org/obis/search.php/7982.
This reference may prove useful though I have not read it:
Man in 't Veld, L. & Visser, G.J. (1993). Contribututions to the knowledge
of Strombacea 1: A revision of the subgenus Doxander Iredale, 1931,
including a nomen novum for Strombus turritus and the description of a new
subspecies from the Philippines. Vita Marina. 42 (1): 11-32

The database lists Aliger and Lobatus as synonyms under Strombus (Tricornis)
Jousseaume, 1886:
for Aliger Thiele, 1929 visit http://data.acnatsci.org/obis/search.php/8069.
for Lobatus "Swainson" Iredale, 1921 visit
http://data.acnatsci.org/obis/search.php/8068.

It also lists Strombus (Lobatus) without an author, date
(http://data.acnatsci.org/obis/search.php/47306).
The only species listed under this is Strombus (Lobatus) praeraninus
Kronenberg & Dekker, 2000.

Cheers,
Bob Abela
www.guamshellclub.org