Sender:
From:
Mattavelli Flavio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2005 08:35:18 -0400
Dear Jan Neefs and Linda Bush,
in my opinion the picture of the “M. desjardini” in the Compendium of
Seashells (edition 1983, page 231) is not significative for identification.
This specimen, 50 mm length, of the Ivory Coast could be a hybrid of
Marginella sebastiani/desjardini. Certainly it is not a typical M.
desjardini.
This case is similar to the picture of the specimen, 57 mm length,
Casamance (South Senegal), in my Web page:
www.cavallerimattavelli.it/pseudosebastiani.htm
Also the picture of the “M. sebastiani”, 40 mm Senegal, in the Compendium
of Seashells (edition 1983, page 233) is ambiguous: in my opinion this
specimen is, very probably, a Marginella pseudosebastiani.
Regards Flavio Mattavelli