Sender:
From:
"Barney, Winston" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:13:32 -0500
I don't dispute your theory, but I would like to point out that I found the
form citrina in the midst of an entire "colony" popping out of the sand
north of Jacksonville, Florida. It would appear to me that the color form
was a member of the group of typical O. sayana, and probably shared the same
color of substrate.
I allow, however, that this does not necessarily guarantee that the color
form didn't come from another habitat.
On the same outing I collected a half dozen specimens that were almost dark
gray, very atypical! And, I found one specimen in the same group that was
corded around the last whorl.

Winston Barney
Fort Worth, Texas