Sender:
From:
Michael Gangloff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 13:48:26 -0500
Hello Linda et al.,

I like the Aquascope which you can get through Forestry Suppliers for
~$70.  Its a bit pricey, but its easier on the carpel tunnel prone than
a homemade 'view bucket'.  Also, It catches less flow (if you happen to
use it in streams as I do) so it is less disruptive to the bottom (and
critters).  I think it allows a more natural view of the bottom and is
essential for cold/nasty water searches.

Cheers,

Mike

Michael Gangloff, Ph.D.
Invertebrate Collections Manager
Auburn University Museum and Natural History Learning Center
101 Cary Hall
Auburn University, Alabama 36849
Voice:(334)844-7345
Cell:(334)332-1533
Fax:(334)844-4065
>>> [log in to unmask] 05/12/05 6:39 AM >>>
Hi, CONCH-Lers!

An off-list friend of mine is wondering if he can purchase a
"glass"-bottom tray, bucket, etc. to help him view shells in shallow
water.  He apparently doesn't snorkel.  I have one idea of how he can
make one, but can he buy one
ready made?

Thanks,
Linda