Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 May 2005 12:53:32 -0400
From:
To: mienis <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Henk and Harry,

What might be happening is that someone elses computer has a virus and you are in their mailbox. That third computer is sending out messages under your names. You point out a very important aspect of remaining virus free, if you are not expecting an attachment from someone be very suspicious. If in doubt, confirm that an attachment was sent by someone before you open it up. I often send a short notice to someone before I send an e-mail with an attachment. This alerts the receiver to the fact that it is a legitimate attachment and something they asked for.

It is also polite to find out if someone can handle the attachment. Some shell images and reprints can be quite large and cause problems for those who do not have high capacity storage in the in-boxes [a problem I no longer suffer from :-)  ].

Regards,
Charlie