Sender:
From:
Bob Abela <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 05:14:17 +1000
Hello Conch-lers,

Been a little while since I last wrote. Recently, I've been getting pictures
of Trivia (animals and shell), to eventually be posted on the Guam Shell
Club's website. Though only three species are confirmed from Guam (T. shawi,
edgari, and exigua), I suspect we have few more species to be reckoned with.
I must say that I've found Trudi Ernst & Wesley Thorssons' article on
Hawaii's Trivia (February 1999, Feature Section of IHSN) to be very helpful!
Unfortunately, I do not have Cate's work at hand and none of my literature
includes information Trivia (Trivirostra) shawi Schilder, 1933. What are the
distinctive characteristics I'm looking for? Any help is most appreciated.

Cheers,
Bob Abela
www.guamshellclub.org