Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2005 13:57:17 -0400
8bit
From:
Willy Van Damme <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
To: Kay Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
On Thu, 26 May 2005 09:14:00 EDT, Kay Peterson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>And, Ross, he or she is probably sending his/her requests for free
material
>only to dealers-----
>
>Kay

It seems people were a little worried about my person. Please read the
answer I have written to mr. Phillip Colla.
Dear Mr Colla,
I do understand your position. My reaction would be exactly the same.
I sold my collection to Guido Poppe. This was 15 years ago.
I used to be a member of the Belgian Society for Conchology for many
>years, didn't go anymore after selling the shells for more than 15
years, but now I became a member again.
I went through some extremely difficult times the last ten years( Years of
almost fatal illness of my  wife, bankruptcy etc) I attended the Shell
Show with Mexican shells I still have left from my
3 and a half year stay in Phoenix, AZ and consequent trips to Rocky Point.
What I wish to do in the next 2 years is produce a book and/or a printable
cd-rom
Featuring:
As a GLOBETROTTER- maps of the habitats. I will show and give an overview
of the different areas with tourist information.
As an ARTIST- pictures of art made with both species As a MONEYMAN-
historical study on the use of shell as money.
As a CAMELEON-overview of all color and shape variations I can find.
All donations (photo's or shells) will be mentioned.
Underneath the photo’s Donation..... of or courtesy of ....
Info on the person, the dealer or the museum will be in a separate chapter.
This info will be updated before finishing the work.
Please understand that I am not a scientist. I want to show the beauty of
a few very abundant shells, but shells that can tell a lot of stories.
I will not make any attempt to imitate, contradict the experts.
My financial resources are extremely limited, and that is the least I can
say.
I depend on the goodwill of others to receive the shells.
I would like to make an exhibition on one of the next Shell Shows in
Antwerp.
I hope this will give a little idea of who I am. In the attachment, please
find a picture of me.
Kind regards
Willy
Willy G.M.Van Damme