Sender:
From:
ronald noseworthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 08:52:58 -0700
Hi, everyone!

Once again, I need some assistance from my
fellow Conch-L members.

I am now doing the final editing of the
catalogue of the molluscs of Jeju Island,
South Korea.  I have encountered a problem
with the listing of nominate species and
subspecies.

When compiling a list, if a nominate species
and its subspecies are to be placed in the
list, then the species name of the nominate
species is repeated; eg. Monodonta labio
labio and Monodonta labio confusa.  However,
if the nominate species alone is to be placed
in the list, what is the correct usage?
Should it be listed as, eg. Monodonta labio
labio or Monodonta labio?  I have seen both
forms in species lists.

Any help you can give me is deeply
appreciated.

All the best from Korea!