Sender:
From:
Franck Frydman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 00:29:20 +0200
Yes , bleach ruins nacre but it is possible to avoid such damage by oiling
it before bleaching .It is also possible to keep some periostracum on a
shell by protecting it from bleach with paraffin oil . For cowries My advice
would be to avoid bleach since it leaves a whitish layer on the shell .
Franck frydman