Sender:
From:
Marcus Coltro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:31:13 -0300
Paul,

This is a great program specially when you wish to see places you have been.
Of course pictures are not udated all the time and some places have not the
same resolution as others. My city São Paulo has sharp views and I can see
the roof of Femorale.

Now when you get a shell label you can see for yourself where the places
are!

You can put labels and mark places so you can return to them with one click.

Marcus

Marcus Coltro
WWW.FEMORALE.COM

Marcus,

This program is really interesting.  I did note that the pictures of some
areas are much sharper than those of other areas.  The pictures of my own
city (Providence, Rhode Island) are great!  I found my own house, and could
see not only the roof but specific plants and other features in my yard!  A
little stone wall and even a yard swing.  Cars on roads can be seen clearly
enough to make a reasonable guess as to the make of the vehicle. Not bad
from outer space!  Cape Town, South Africa also looked very sharp.  However
when I attempted to find the home of a friend in Illinois, the resolution
looked ok from an altitude of 3,000 feet, but as I zoomed in closer it
became fuzzy, and I couldn't even make out individual houses.

It was also interesting to look at some of my local collecting areas.  I can
clearly see shallower and deeper areas, sandbars, channels, small islands,
little hidden inlets and other features, some of which I didn't know
existed!

Thanks for the link!

Paul M.