Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:24:17 -0400
7bit
Comments:
cc: "J. Ross Mayhew" <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Ross et al;-
     It occurs to me that the Everglades have been in place for a very long period of time--a lot longer than human habitation. It would also seem that Hurricanes have probably been hitting the area irregularly for all that period of time. So it seems that the Everglades have the ability to bounce back from whatever nature throws. That's long term. Short term, the glades have a lot more to worry about from us users, the way we build things, divert and use water, and impinge animal populations. Eh! what do I know!
      Art

--
PLEASE NOTE: My new, long-term, and correct email address is: [log in to unmask] Please update your records!