Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Dec 2005 08:03:31 -0700
8bit
From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Michael,

I did not know about the designation of Theodoxus fluviatilis, thank you!
I'll have to note that in the write up of that species in the book.  The
book is coming along.  I have pretty much all the valid species I could find
identified, described, and imaged.  Now I have a bit more to do on the
anatomy (drawings and descriptions) and some S.E.M. photographic work.
Plus, I have to have a bunch of folks review the MS.

My entry in the book on Pictonerita is:

"Pictonerita Iredale, 1936 – unused, proposed as a genus with a single
species, Neritina oualaniensis Lesson, 1831 (now Clithon oualaniensis),
based on radular differences noted by Baker (1923).  Baker, however, did not
consider these differences sufficient to warrant a subgenus or even a
section!  Holthuis (1995:61) reports that, “The anatomy of N. oualaniensis
indicates a very close relationship with Clithon corona Monfort, 1810, the
type genus of Clithon.”"

Hope this helps answer the question.  I have attached my latest species list
which should help you.

Tom